Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Christmas Story


With only a few weeks left

 before Christmas,

things are winding down in the 

doll making business...

and racking up a notch in 

'getting the house ready for Christmas'.




This year just seemed the perfect year

 for a pink and red themed tree.



With all three little grand daughters 

all wanting pink dolls for Christmas,

I have been quite emersed

 in that colour these past few weeks.


Along with the doll making,

 inevitably comes a 

desire to collect 

art dolls from other talented doll makers.


So this years Christmas decorating has 

evolved into

an easy mix of just a 

few decorations 

combined with some new additions

 to my little collection of

incredible art dolls.


As time is at a premium this year...

and I am completely worn out...

this was all I could muster, I'm afraid.


Please excuse the lack of a Nativity scene.

I promise....next year I WILL be more 

organized.




The first to greet our visitors, 

is little Ellis

sitting in her bright pink 

over stuffed chair.




She is a little preoccupied

with the thought

that she may have forgotten

to post off her letter to Santa...





Oh goodness gracious me!

Yes! She DID forget!!!




Deary me....wonder if it is not 

too late to send it now...

Will he get it in time for Christmas Eve??


Her little friend, Ophelia arrives, 

and tries to reassure Ellis 

that Santa WILL bring her gifts 

when he drops by.






Ellis is not completely convinced of this, 





and struggles

with the shock of 

MAYBE 

not getting ANY presents for Christmas.




High above the forlorn little girls,





sits another, who goes by the name

She is in her own little quandary...

quite perplexed.



...not able to make any sense

of this festive time of year.




Just WHY do we hang coloured baubles 

on artificial trees??


If it is really about a baby's birth...

how does Santa living at the North Pole

and a herd of flying reindeers

(with helper elves)

figure in the whole thing??



Tipper couldn't make any sense of it.







Meanwhile...


On the other side of the small glowing tree,


the pirate mermaid,

has settled down to relax.

She is dreaming of what a 

White Christmas 

might be like.


Having heard all about such things...

she can only imagine 

what it would feel like 

to be surrounded with frozen water...

in place of the usual warm waters 

she is accustomed to.




Hmmm...might have to look at 

buying some 

winter woollens

if next years holiday includes ice and snow...





As Hilda, contemplates 

how and where she is going to find 

woollen tail and fin covers to fit snuggly...




two other Gothic Beauties 

finally arrive, 

after their long flight 

from Scotland.


Dezeria Mandles, the pirate,





It feels so good to just sit and unwind,

in the apartment above Hildas,

as they nestle into the pretty pink pearls.




Both were excited to be seeing Hilda again,


and looked froward 

to being able to swap stories

and tell tales

of their recent journeys.







On the foyer table

things have evolved into 

a scene of mostly silver and white 

with just a touch of pink.


All is calm and bright.




The angels have no

reason to be concerned or perplexed.





They are all very content to 

just listen to the 

Christmas carols

playing on the 

CD player.




The ever so tiny, 


decides to wake up from her

transparent locket,

and joins with the angels.


  





She does a joyful little fairy dance

on the toes of 








before she flies away to 

discover the delights on the 

big Christmas tree.






The angels are blissfully unaware

of missing presents

or late letters to Santa.





From the other side of the 

big Christmas tree

there comes a beautiful 

pink glow.









The Lithuanian Lovelies...

Julia, Fae and Ella,

have gathered together,

to watch over the

tiny babe

in the gentle glow 

of a hundred pink fairylights.














The tiny babe 

could find no cradle,

and so a single rose 

became his bed.




Then in the distance, 

there came the 

patter 

of little feet.




A beautiful blue angel,

from a far away land...
(Lithuania)

arrived with tidings of 

comfort and joy.


With her,

there came three weary 

little travelers.

(No, the angel didn't walk,

 ...angels have wings, so she flew in the air)


The patter of tiny little feet came 

NOT from the angel.



But rather, 

from those three little travelers,

 I was telling you about, 

who had journeyed from Chile. 



They had been following 

yonder star...









The little band of wise and weary 


had heard the angels glad tidings,

and had gone in search of the tiny babe.




This reminds me of a 

similar story from long ago.

A story of incredible happenings,

and an

indiscribable gift.


If you actually stop 

and pause to think 

about all that actually transpired that

evening, when the heavenly angels

sang to the shepherds keeping watch...

...well...it always makes my heart sing.



.........ooo000000ooo.........

Wishing you all,

the peace and contentment

of this Season.

Wise men still seek Him.



(For those of you who are wanting some more info on where I was able to procure these 
marvellous art dolls...
each doll's name is a link to the shop/fb page where I found them. Just click on it!)





~posted by Vicki.











22 comments:

  1. Thank-you Vicki for sharing such an enchanting and magical world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! You have some stunning (and a few spooky) dolls! I LOVE Lesley Janes master pieces, and can only dream of owning one myself- what an amazing Christmas wonderland! I couldn't see any of your stunning dolls though!? I am going to win one someday- so I keep trying and telling myself- hehe! Thanks for sharing!! xx Sonia Cranston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia. Yes I feel very fortunate to own a few of Miss Lesley's gorgeous dolls. I haven't shown any photos of my own Urchins, because there are plenty of photos in our facebook albums...and I never can keep them long enough to play with them!
      xx

      Delete
  3. YOU ARE VERY WELCOME Jennifer.
    I am so pleased that you enjoyed it. If you would like to see more of past blog posts that I have had fun with, head on over to my personal blog...
    greenandwhitegarden.blogspot.com.au
    then scroll down a little to the 'labels'on the right hand side bar...you will find more of the same sort of imagination and whimsy under such titles as Whimsy/Secret Enchanted Forest/Christmas/Child's Play...to name a few. xx ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit your Magic Cave! Love Love LOVE!! Beautifully decorated Vicki xx
    Tina Coleman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for sharing your wonderful imagination with us and what lucky, lucky Grand Children you have :-) They must adore being surrounded by such beautiful tiny people whispering stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki that is the most amazing holiday display! I love all the pink!! Pink has been creeping up on me all year lol
    Thank you so much for including my girls wow everything is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments. LuLu I am in love with your girls!!!
      ♥xx

      Delete
  7. Wow what a winter wonderland! Its magical. You own some amazing art dolls and your give them such a wonderful home. Thank you so much Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loopy I so love little Ophelia. Even my little four year old grandie has taken a shine to her, after initally thinking that she was ugly. Heeheehee...I think her Ophelia's mornful little face brought out the compassion in her kind nature, and all she wants to do is hug Ophelia!

      Delete
  8. wow your house is amazing Vicky. So magical, would love love love my house to look like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorissa! Hey, congratulations...Violet Crumble now has your name on her. ;-)

      Delete
  9. So beautiful ! A real story ! I'm glad that my dolls found such a good home!
    Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jurate, it is I who am glad that they have come to live with me! :-) Beautiful workmanship. xx

      Delete
  10. I remember popping into your house before in December one year and it was quite magical! I can't quite get past the busty dolls :-) he he Have a lovely Christmas to you and your family too. R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ros. Those pongkys took me a while to adjust to, too!
      Best wishes to you and your family ! xx

      Delete
  11. I LOVE this post! Absolutely magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for dropping by.
      xx

      Delete
  12. VICKI!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I AM SO THRILLED TO SEE YOU IN BLOGLAND!

    I had seen your comment to me late last night, but I wanted to wait until I had gotten some sleep to come to greet you!

    TALK ABOUT TIRED AND UNORGANIZED! WOW, I have not cleaned my house in what seems like MONTHS and today, that is what I am going to do. I have been very busy like you (maybe not SO many dolls!) for retailers and Etsy and a large paper wedding dress for a store window. I LOVE YOUR HOME and pink theme and all the wonder you share here. YOU LOOKED ORGANIZED to me, but we are always our worst critics as they say.

    So much has transpired, I am sure, for both of us. Thank you for your visit, I am so sorry that you are unable to enjoy the music or even the photos as I intended; I do try to tell a story with words, photos, moving photos and music and the effect is quite not the same without all those elements.

    Wishing you dearest heart, a magical Christmas. You asked how I put my "tales" together? My writing teacher says there are two kinds of writers: MOZARTS and BEETHOVENS. The Mozarts have the idea and composition in their heads IMMEDIATELY and the Beethovens go over many revisions. I START OUT LIKE MOZART. But I end up like Beethoven! Thank you for asking and blessings to you and your family. I do hope to see you in Blogland again! LOVE, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are the best Christmas displays I have ever seen, I think! Wish i'd visited your blog before Christmas. I will have to remember to come back next Christmas! x Tash

    ReplyDelete