Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Been 'quietly' on the go!


Yes it's taken many many months in the making.



The research that went into this book ,
as always,
has been exhaustive.


Drawing and redrawing every page
till it was exactly to her liking.




Scouring the aisles of many different fabric shops...




choosing just the right fabrics for each page



The perfect embellishments to fully compliment.



Nothing was overlooked
in the endeavour to make each and every page
live up to the visions that had been swirling around in her head.



From race cars...



to rocket ships.



...and everything that moves, in between!








Now,
 the time has come
to show the world
this
 masterpiece
that is Jill's new
Fabric Quiet Book.



Starting life initially as a custom order,
this project very soon took on a life of it's own.

This 'first edition' is for a little boy named Bryson.

His mother was very impressed with Jill's earlier garden themed Quiet Books,

but wanted something a little more to a boys liking.

And so, 'On The Go!'
was born.

I must say,
my clever daughter never ceases to astound
me with her creativity and attention to detail.

You can view more photos of this beautiful book, and Jill's other two books, ('Garden Book' & 'The Curious Garden') here in our facebook albums. 
(just click on the small pictures to enlarge.)

These books are very limited editions.
I dare you to find anything that matches their quality
and elegance anywhere in the world.

Thanks for looking!
~by Vicki (on behalf of my daughter Jill)








2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! That is just so incredibly divine..a masterpiece I think!
    Kiss Noises Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS FRIEND! THESE ARE STUNNING and this darling place is so enchanting! I LOVE THE HEADER with your sweet little baby girl!!! THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME YESTERDAY; I am having a difficult time keeping up with comments and emails. I woke up at 3:30am and one hour later, I am still having a hard time finishing here...but I am so glad to see you and your WONDERFUL CREATIONS!!!!! You are having fun, and I had a great summer creating new things as well.

    Off I go to teach!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete