Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas Chest Hairs 2018



What a wonderful way to end each year.

Christmas.

Celebrating the birth of our 

Saviour and King, 

Jesus Christ.

2018 has been a particularly unusual year 

for myself and many folk that I know.

A year that will be remembered...

but earnestly wished forgotten.

Thank goodness for Christmas,

and the way it can uplift, refresh and inspire

our weary souls.

Decorating for the season 

is usually something 

that I have well in hand at the start of each year. 

An anticipated, well thought out plan 

of where I want to go with it.


Not so this year.


However...


After throwing about many ideas,

I was able to settle on a few themes.

I have always been about childhood and whimsy.



So that was where I started.

No story this year.

(Sorry to disappoint)

Just some vignettes for you to enjoy.



The Christmas tree 

in our Lounge Room... 

evoking whimsy 

and childhood memories.






























































































I tried for a Woodland theme in the foyer...sort of.

(thanks Jules!xx)

















































With just a touch of Swan Lake/Nutcracker/Ballet, 

the Family room took on a pretty pink hue.















































Perhaps, right about now, 

you may be wondering 

where the chest hairs are hiding...






Well... I was just playing with words.






Though they are hiding in the curio cabinet.






What I REALLY meant was...

Chess Hares!

Ha Ha















Now don't ask me what all this has to do with Christmas.

Nothing really.

But it has a lot to do with whimsy and childhood.

May we all celebrate this 2018 


Blessing to you all.

love Vicki and Jill.


(if you want to view enlarged photos, just click on them :-) )

As with our previous Christmas posts, there are links attached to most of the art dolls which will enable you to find the clever doll artists who created these amazing dolls. Just click on the highlighted words.
Also that link to 'Christmas like a child' takes you to Third Day. It is one of my favourite Christmas songs.

If you do want to see our previous Christmas posts click on these years for 2017201620152014201320122011, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment