Sunday, December 6, 2020

Christmas Moroccan 2020



It's that time again.

the Christmas season

is upon us.






With the ending of such 

a whacky year,

I thought it a good idea

to go all out 

with 
exuberant colour,

and brighten up the final days of 2020. 





A Moroccan theme

came to mind,

as I was contemplating how to 

add colour 

to our Christmas tree.


Which...
truth be known,
had actually stayed up all year long!
from last Christmas.

(please don't judge me... it really has been a whacky year)
The decorations had been removed, but the fairy lights remained.

2019 saw a circus theme, with lots of colour.

In fact, it was the first time

 EVER 

that I had decorated 

with 
multi-coloured fairylights.






So this year

needed some extra zhoosh up

if I was going to enhance the tree.






I decided to add

purple and hot pink

fairy lights

to the bold primary colours of 


red, blue, green and yellow.






Also, choosing ornaments 

that hinted of a 

Moroccan vibe.






I found that I actually owned 

quite a lot of items that 

spoke to me 

of a 

Moroccan theme.

I think it must be the gypsy in me. : )





The rest were 

hunted and gathered 

from numerous 

Op Shops 
(gotta love Op Shops ♥)

both local and down the Gold Coast.
(Thanks Karen, for helping me with that. xx)

Such a lot of fun
searching for items to compliment this chosen theme.

Lots of scarves, cushions and even a gorgeous Saree.

Other amazing finds included 
a little genie lamp
a wind-up musical wooden 'box', 
framed art print, 
embellished elephant decorations, 
two metal lanterns
(minus their glass but just needed a quick spray paint),
 silver Moroccan tea cup and saucer with lid,
and miniature Moroccan shoes!













The pièce de résistance

for the lounge room

came in the form of a fabric shower curtain.

Yes! You read right. 
A shower curtain!!

I stumbled upon it online
while looking for inspiration.
Bought through etsy.

It is called ' Palace Doors'.

And was exactly 

THE PERFECT SIZE 

to fit our window.






With tiny 3M hooks 
it was simple to attach.
























































Our Nativity set with it's

stone background

and palm trees

was perfect for a Moroccan theme.

I don't think I had
ever included it before, in a 
Christmas scene.




The three wise men dressed 

in their finery were also well suited

 for this colourful theme.
































































I found some inexpensive

little plastic animals


( camels and an elephant)

in the supermarket 'toys' aisle.

So decided to be a bit crafty 

and add some paint and trims to

 jazz them up a bit.









Peacock feathers came from 

Macintosh Island Park,

down the Gold Coast.

The resident peacocks shed them once a year.












We have had that silly

Camel teapot 

for decades.

Seemed like a good opportunity

 to bring him out of the cupboard

 to be seen this year.




The foyer needed not so much colour,

so I went with mostly white and silver with just a touch


of turquoise and purple.



























Another thing I had hunted and gathered 

through Op Shops for, 

was jewellery.

I am not one to wear it,

 but rather,

 I like to place it about my house to enjoy it.
 (weird huh?)






































 

































This French Hen looked

 like she wanted to be included in the Moroccan theme... 

with her bejewelled necklace and headdress,

 so I let her perch there

 for all to admire. :D











Then there was the Family Room to consider.

I thought a fun Candylane theme

 would be nice for the Grandies to enjoy.





Again...

loads of vibrant colours

and lighting,

to end the year with.

























































2020... we bid you farewell.

We hope and pray that 2021 will be kinder to everyone.


But whatever comes our way,

may we never forget 

who holds the whole world in His hands.

As we remember His birth

and the gift He came to give to all who will accept it.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas

and a happy New Year.

Much love to you all.,

Vicki. xx

...oooOOOooo...

As per usual, I will include links here for my previous years Christmas blog posts, in case you are interested in seeing them.

Click on the years to view the posts.
2019,  2018,  2017,  2016,  2015, 201420132012

1 comment: